The Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act or H.B. 842 that passed the House in early March, has gained momentum in the Senate after IAM Members along with working families across the U.S. flooded Senate offices with calls to support the hardworking men and women of this country by supporting the PRO Act.
The PRO Act puts workers first and strengthens the rights of workers to join and participate in a labor union.
The PRO Act will:
- Create pathways for workers to form unions without fear of retribution
- Repeal anti-worker “right-to-work” laws across the country
- Hold corporations accountable by strengthening the National Labor Relations Board
- Empower workers to exercise the freedom to organize and bargain
- Ensure that workers can reach a first contract quickly after recognition
The Machinist Union has compiled a list of ways you can help pass the PRO Act:
- Call your Senators at 866-832-1560. Please send a message using our action alert.
- Share the IAM’s PRO Act posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Join the AFL-CIO for a live Facebook panel tonight and Thursday at 7 p.m. E.T.on how the PRO Act helps freelance workers and will help address systemic racism.
- Join a socially distanced event in your community to support the PRO Act.
The PRO Act is the most comprehensive piece of labor legislation introduced since the Great Depression. At its core, it protects the rights of people who want to be part of a labor union and repeals laws that hurt workers.