Designed for railroad employees and spouses planning to retire within five years, the Pre-Retirement Seminars we offer familiarize attendees with the retirement benefits available to them, and also guide them through the application process. Sponsored by the Office of the Labor Member, seminars are held at a number of locations annually. Registration is required (see below).
Pre-Retirement Seminar booklet (2018)
Our field service representatives conduct each Pre-Retirement Seminar using a PowerPoint slide presentation covering the various benefits provided retired rail workers and their families. Attendees receive a program booklet of this presentation with detailed side notes and fact sheets.
In addition to the program booklet, seminar attendees receive a retirement kit full of informational handouts and other helpful materials. Online and downloadable versions of items included with seminar kits are available on our Educational Materials webpage.
-Schedule and Registration-
Registration is required to ensure accommodations for all attendees.
• Unless otherwise noted, Pre-Retirement Seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and are held over the course of 4 hours. (Attendees may arrive 30 minutes before the seminar start time to sign in.)
• Visitors subject to security screening for entry to seminars hosted at any Federal building. Please bring a valid photo ID; no weapons permitted.
• Parking fee for seminars marked with *.
• Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a railroad retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
• If you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend, please let us know.
Can’t join us for a seminar, but still interested in learning about the railroad retirement program and application process? Please contact us via Field Office Locator or by calling toll-free (1-877-772-5772) for pre-retirement information or to schedule an appointment for individual retirement counseling at your local RRB field office.
Click on the link for your local seminar to register online.
Registration is now closed for the seminar being held in Joliet on June 29.
September 14, 2018: IBEW Local 271 Union Hall, 1045 Broadway Street, Wichita, Kansas
To RSVP on paper instead, print a registration form to complete, then mail or fax to your local RRB field office. (Registration form)
Published at rrb.gov